Wednesday, November 6, 2013

TBR for November

My first blog!!!!  My TBR list for November is going to not have a single holiday themed book on it.  They are just not for me.  I prefer the scary, dystopian, paranormal type books.  Plus reading anything that involves a crazy aunt, a senile grandpa, and a drug addict brother who hasn't admitted he's gay all sitting around the Thanksgiving turkey is not my idea of an exciting read.

  Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken.  

It's the continuing story of Ruby who lives in a world where the United States has have all their children succumb to a disease called IAAN. The children that survive develop psychic abilities that terrify the government forcing them to place these children in rehabilitation camps. Ruby is able to escape her camp and ends up on the run with three other kids.  The first book The Darkest Minds was amazing, so I have really high acceptation for this story.



Almost Demon by AJ Salem

This is a first reads giveaway I won from the author on Goodreads.com.  It's the first book in the Sigil Cycle series.  Gemma Pope discovers that she is a demon summoner and must save her  hometown from impending doom. As soon as I read this book I will be doing a
 complete review.  This is probably one of the books I look forward to the most!



Asylum by Madeleine Roux

I picked this up because I couldn't resist the cover. Dan Crawford attends a summer program before    college. He finds out that he has to stay in an asylum.  Soon he discovers that his roommates and himself are all some how connected to the asylum.  

 
  Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

I feel like I might be the last person in the world to read this book.  If you are like me and haven't read this, it's about Jacob who after a family tragedy follows clues to an island off the coast of Wales to an orphanage.  He soon discovers that the children may have been dangerous. The photographs in the book are amazing!




Powers by Deborah Lynn Jacobs

My $1 deal from Amazon.  Those always make me happy.  Gwen and Adrian have a psychic connection, but they can't stand each other. They need each others powers to save lives, but they are set on destroying each other. It's a very short book, so I'm thinking this one will be prefect for a cold rainy November day.





The Ghost of Graylock by Dan Poblocki

I picked this up at a thrift store the week of Halloween for $.95.  Neil Cady has been hearing rumors about the abandon hospital, Graylock.  The hospital once housed children and teenagers with mental disorders.  Neil is determined to find out if the rumors about the hospital being haunted are true.







  The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller

Best book deal ever!  Hardcover at Amazon for $2.99.  Haven Moore is having dreams of a past life with a boy named Ethan living in New York.  Various events in her life cause her to leave her life in Tennessee to New York.  While there she meets Iain who is being accused of murdering a rock star. She decides to visit the Ouroboros Society learning how lives are reincarnated through out the millenniums.  I'm eager to find out how all the different characters are connected to each others past lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment