Friday, January 3, 2014

My First Feature Friday

So it's the start of a new year, and it's time for me to take my blogging interest a little more serious.  I'm going to be dedicated to this site a little more than I even did last year!  That being said I'm going to start featuring a book every Friday that maybe isn't well known in the book community or maybe one that's been out long ago that maybe people have forgotten.  Anyways let's get into my feature book!

Dead Connection by Charlie Price

First off I got this at bookoutlet.com for $.49.  Yep I'm pretty sure I would be an idiot to turn that down.  This is a very dark book that follows seven different POVs. Price does a good job at giving each one a distinct voice, so it's not hard to figure out who it is talking.  This follows the disappearance of a cheerleader Nikki and how each of these characters are connected some how to her.  The main POV is told through Murrey who is a fifteen year old boy who is able to talk to the dead, and the dead are able to talk back to him.  He hangs out in graveyards befriending the ghost kids.  As he is talking to his ghost friends, he hears a muffled voice and is convinced that it is Nikki.  Each character in the story has a very dark back story, so at first it's difficult to tell who caused Nikki to disappear.  It becomes clearer half way through the book, but by then you just want the asshole caught and Nikki found.  This is Price's debut novel, and it is an intriguing mystery with touches of the paranormal.

No comments:

Post a Comment